English , Hindi , Telugu
MBBS – Osmania Medical College, Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh
MD (Medicine) — PGIMER, Chandigarh
DM (Endocrinology) — PGIMER, Chandigarh
Dr. Bipin Kumar Sethi has been working as a Consultant Endocrinologist with CARE Hospitals in Hyderabad (Banjara Hills and Nampally), since 2000. He also practises privately at Tapadia Diagnostic Centre, Chikkadpally, Hyderabad.
Dr. Sethi completed his MBBS from Osmania Medical College in Hyderabad with distinctions in several subjects and a Gold Medal in Physiology. He then obtained an MD in Medicine from PGIMER Chandigarh in 1986, where he bagged a silver medal. He chose Endocrinology as his specialisation, and completed DM Endocrinology superspeciality degree exam in 1988, also through PGIMER Chandigarh.
Dr. Sethi started his post-DM medical career with a stint of rural service in Andhra Pradesh, at MPHC, Talakondapally (1989-1991). This was subsequent to completing six years as Junior Resident and Senior Resident at PGIMER during MD and DM courses.
Dr. Sethi has considerable teaching experience, having served as an Assistant Professor of Endocrinology at Osmania General Hospital/ Osmania Medical College (Hyderabad), for about 10 years up until 2000. He then took up the post of Professor of Endocrinology for a year at Kurnool Medical College and Hospital, and spent another five years as Professor of Endocrinology at Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, until December 2006.
Dr. Sethi has worked on a large number of clinical trials and other research studies. Over the years, he has authored as well as contributed to innumerable papers connected to his field of expertise, which have been published in peer-reviewed journals and/or presented by him and his co-authors at medical conferences.
- Life member, Endocrine Society of India
- Life member, Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
- Visiting faculty, NIN, Hyderabad
- Junior resident — Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, (PGIMER ) Chandigarh (1983-1986)
- Senior resident — Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, (PGIMER ) Chandigarh (1986-1989)
- Civil assistant surgeon (1989-1990)
- Assistant Professor of Endocrinology — Osmania General Hospital/Osmania Medical College (1991 - 2000)
- Professor of Endocrinology — Kurnool Medical College/Kurnool General Hospital
- Professor of Endocrinology — Gandhi Medical College & Hospital (2001 - 2006)