Dr. C. K. Ponde
- M.D. (Gen. Med), D.M. (Card), D.N.B. (Card) FACC (USA), FSCAI (USA) FCSI, FISE, FICC, FIAE
English , Hindi
Area Of Interest
- Coronary angiography (Transfemoral and Transradial)
- Complex coronary angioplasties
- Single and dual chambers permanent pacemaker implants
- Balloon valvotomy of mitral/aortic and pulmonary valvuloplasty
- Peripheral, including renal angioplasties
- ICD implants
- Radio frequency ablation for SVT
- Diagnostic EP studies
- Implantation of IVC filters
NUMBER OF PROCEDURES PERFORMED TILL DATE
- Coronary Angiographies – 10000
- Coronary Angioplasties – 1800
- Permanent pacemaker implantation – 200
- ICD implants – 25
- Balloon mitral valvotomy – 600
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology from Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia (3 years : 1993-1996)
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology from Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia (1 year : 1996-1997)
- Gold Medal in M.B.B.S.
- Gold Medal in M.D. (Medicine)
- Distinction in D.M. (Cardiology)
- Rotary International scholarship 1994
- Post graduate teacher in Cardiology for Mumbai University & National Board of Examinations, Delhi
- Olympian Honours for exceptional dedication to patient care awarded by Cadilla Health Care Group in 1998.
- Rashtriya Manav Seva Puraskar for exceptional dedication in patient care 2006.
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (USA)
- Fellow of The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (USA)
- Fellow of Cardiological Society of India
- Fellow of Indian Society of Electrocardiography
- Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Echocardiography
- Life member of American Society of Echocardiography
Lie member of Cardiological Society of India
Life member of Indian Academy of Echocardiography
Life member of Indian College of Cardiology
- Has delivered 350 lectures in various National and international conferences.
- Has up to 100 publications in national and international journals to his credit.
- Has worked as a referee for reviewing articles in indexed journals like JAPI, Indian Heart Journal etc.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS IN INDEXED JOURNALS
- Cardiovascular disease in India Ashavaid TF, Ponde CK, Shah S, Jawanjal M. Clin Lab Med. 2012;32:217–230.
- Echocardiographic Assessment of Severity of Aortic Stenosis: Basics, Complexities, Tips and Tricks, C.K. Ponde, Monika Jawanjal, Journal of Indian Academy of echo Vol : 24 No: 1 Jan-April 2013.
- Anomalous Origin of Left Coronary Artery from Main Pulmonary Artery (ALCAPA) who underwent two coronary system repair with a novel technique, Ponde C, Jawanjal M, Pandey K and Gandhe U, Open Journal of Clinical Diagnosis, 4, 182-191, July 2014.
- Troponin T and Heart Type Fatty Acid Binding Protein (h-Fabp) as Biomarkers in Patients Presenting with Chest Pain, Lakshmi Lavanya Reddy, Swarup A. V. Shah,
- Alpa J. Dherai, Chandrashekhar K. Ponde, Tester F. Ashavaid, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry in press.